CCSA Department 7
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CCSA Department 7

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OCC - Introduction to Webisodes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pyro
Admin
Pyro

OCC - Introduction to Webisodes Empty
PostSubject: OCC - Introduction to Webisodes   OCC - Introduction to Webisodes Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 12:07 pm

Hey All

For those of you unfamiliar this will be an exercise in collaborative writing (I know sounds scary but its not).

Its similar to the in person stuff without the dice rolling and more typing (that's right diceless)

In between our in person sessions I will begin webisodes, usually with an event(s) taking place in the area and then all of you can have at it posting your characters actions. As I put above this will be diceless, so you can post your character doing anything he/she can (check your character sheet), However some general suggestions:

* Do not post reactions of other peoples characters or PoS (People of Significance, I will post for them), feel free to post for Joe and Jane Schmoe (though if I feel the need {for story purposes of course Laughing I reserve the right to take over any schmoe}

* While you can in most cases assume you succeed in whatever you are attempting try to avoid overdoing the superman (insert other comic/anime character here) moments, not every entrance (insert other uber important TOTALLY ORDINARY action here) has to be the flashy slo-mo cape flapping, flag waving one. And remember sometimes a valiant failed attempt is more endearing than a dominating success.

Each post should begin with the following format: [Day] [Month] [Date] [Year], [Time] - [Location] - [Character Name]
for example: Monday May 4th 2009, 11:30 am - Gage Park - Mike

Once a webisode has started I will try and check it as often as possible I will definitely update every Friday

I would like to acknowledge some people that gave me the idea for (and confidence to try) these webisodes (and in fact this entire forum) So with out further ado THANK YOU (in no particular order) Nicky Dingo, ladyjallyn, Mutt.

Feel free to post other suggestions and/or comments in this section and I'll try and have Webisode #1 - Death Becomes Her online within the next few days
Back to top Go down
https://ccsadepartment7.forummotion.com
Pyro
Admin
Pyro

PostSubject: Secondary Characters   OCC - Introduction to Webisodes Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 12:16 pm

The webisodes are also the place to use any approved secondary characters.
(If you are going to use an approved second, third, etc... characters please post pics and description in the PoI (Persons of Interest) section.
Back to top Go down
SilverBit

SilverBit

PostSubject: Re: OCC - Introduction to Webisodes   OCC - Introduction to Webisodes Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 4:13 pm

I'd just like to say this is freakin' awesome and I'm totally stoked Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ladyjallyn
Admin
ladyjallyn

PostSubject: Re: OCC - Introduction to Webisodes   OCC - Introduction to Webisodes Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Woot another online rpg thread <3 Thanks Sean!
Back to top Go down
ladyjallyn
Admin
ladyjallyn

PostSubject: Re: OCC - Introduction to Webisodes   OCC - Introduction to Webisodes Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:48 pm

Oh are we allowed to play out our own episodes as well? IE: Things we do on our days off etc. ?
Back to top Go down
Pyro
Admin
Pyro

PostSubject: POLL IS IN THE MAIN WEBISODES THREAD   OCC - Introduction to Webisodes Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 7:15 pm

Yeah once the webisode starts (again hopefully by Wednesday) It will cover the events occurring between sessions whether you attend any of the event(s) or not. Feel free to post your characters time regardless of location.................

Now thinking of your question, I still think all the posts in the one webisode thread with location marked at the start of the post (a la elmwood Twisted Evil ) would work best but if people would prefer I could create a sub thread off the webisode for each main character

i.e.

Webisodes ------>Webisode #1 Death Becomes Her
|
---->Gewy
|
---->Silver
|
---->Kyoko
|
---->etc...

Vote on the poll and let me know.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Dingo

Nicky Dingo

PostSubject: Re: OCC - Introduction to Webisodes   OCC - Introduction to Webisodes Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 8:40 pm

I've rp'd on a site where the rp thread was posted by location, rather than by character and it got very confusing to keep track of timelines and who was where. I would recommend keeping it to one thread.....
Back to top Go down
ladyjallyn
Admin
ladyjallyn

PostSubject: Re: OCC - Introduction to Webisodes   OCC - Introduction to Webisodes Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 8:42 pm

I think it kinda depends on the episode.

I do think the one thread thing is good to do btw sorry but i accidentally mis voted >.<

However from time to time separate threads might be needed from time to time. But perhaps for private meetings or reprimands etc. Cause yes one thread board can be good but if you need to find something fast it can be a bitch to hunt down the exact info quickly.... so subthreads are good for that reason.
Back to top Go down
Pyro
Admin
Pyro

PostSubject: Re: OCC - Introduction to Webisodes   OCC - Introduction to Webisodes Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 6:55 pm

Sorry for the delay

Webisode #1 will begin Wednesday May 13, 2009

So if anyone has any alternate characters they want approved please email
Back to top Go down
ladyjallyn
Admin
ladyjallyn

PostSubject: Re: OCC - Introduction to Webisodes   OCC - Introduction to Webisodes Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 8:42 pm

Gah I wait with baited breath! Can't wait for tomorrow.

Hey sean, as a side not if its not too much trouble would you be able to make aboard for character diaries? Babs keeps one and there might be others that do as well. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SilverBit

SilverBit

PostSubject: Re: OCC - Introduction to Webisodes   OCC - Introduction to Webisodes Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 7:35 am

*is doing the pee dance of excitement* Oooomg Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ladyjallyn
Admin
ladyjallyn

PostSubject: Re: OCC - Introduction to Webisodes   OCC - Introduction to Webisodes Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 5:54 pm

Its Wednesday yay!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Nicky Dingo

Nicky Dingo

PostSubject: Re: OCC - Introduction to Webisodes   OCC - Introduction to Webisodes Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 7:32 pm

It's still Wednesday.

<bounce bounce bounce...>
Back to top Go down
Crickett

Crickett

PostSubject: Re: OCC - Introduction to Webisodes   OCC - Introduction to Webisodes Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 12:36 pm

Looks at the calender, Thursday May 14 2009, and then smiles encouragingly.

It's Wednesday when ever you want it to be Mister Moderator.
Back to top Go down
SilverBit

SilverBit

PostSubject: Re: OCC - Introduction to Webisodes   OCC - Introduction to Webisodes Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 3:57 pm

Je est thinking je is une petite peut worried...
Back to top Go down
Nicky Dingo

Nicky Dingo

PostSubject: Re: OCC - Introduction to Webisodes   OCC - Introduction to Webisodes Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 4:31 pm

I think if there was a reason to worry, we would have heard by now.

It's Wednesday when ever you want it to be Mister Moderator.

Where is that line from? I know it is actually "It's 8 o'clock (or whatever) whenever you say it is, _______"

Is it an actual line that was used on a director or actress or is it just from a joke?
Back to top Go down
Pyro
Admin
Pyro

PostSubject: Re: OCC - Introduction to Webisodes   OCC - Introduction to Webisodes Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 1:39 pm

I've added a new... I don't know what to call it... option for people to post - the idle conversation - as the name implies idle conversations that don't necessarily have any connection to the story (though they could be average peoples reactions to events occurring) any one can (and hopefully will) post idle conversations just make sure to start the post like so:

******************* IDLE CONVERSATION *******************

Wednesday May 13th 2009, 8:30 pm - Gage Park - IDLE CONVERSATION

where date, time and location can change
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OCC - Introduction to Webisodes   OCC - Introduction to Webisodes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OCC - Introduction to Webisodes
Page 1 of 1